There are a few different ways to Delete Telegram account. You should know that once you have deleted your telegram account permanently, it cannot be undone.
Your chats, contact list, groups, etc., will be permanently deleted, even if you download Telegram again at a later date. It’s, therefore, safe to export your telegram data first before you delete your account just in case you will need it later.
By default, Telegram has self-destruction security features, which see the account deleted after a certain period of inactivity. The default self-destruct period is six months of inactivity, but you can change this to a shorter period of time
Deleting a Telegram account on Android or iPhone takes a few months and you may not want to wait that long. So, Telegram offers an option to delete an account via any web browser. Below we have given steps to follow to manually delete the telegram account permanently via your browser.
How to Delete Telegram Account Permanently
- Go to the ‘Telegram Deactivation’ page on any web browser using a PC or mobile. Here is the link https://my.telegram.org/auth?to=deactivate
- Enter the phone number using which your Telegram account was created. Also, don’t forget to put the country code before the mobile number. Then click on ‘Next’.
- Now, you will get an alphanumeric code on the Telegram mobile app. Enter the code to sign in to your Telegram account.
- From the ‘Telegram Core’ section, click on the ‘Delete Account option’. You will also be asked to provide a reason for deleting your account. (This is optional).
- Lastly, you need to confirm again to delete the Telegram account. Click on the option, ‘Yes, delete my account’ to end your association with the app.
Can I recover my deleted Telegram account?
After deleting your Telegram account, you won’t be able to recover any associated data like chat history or contacts. To use Telegram again you’ll have to create a brand new account with your phone number. Your old account will be disabled forever, it’s all part of the deletion process. To safeguard your data, we recommend you export the data before deleting the account.
How to Export Telegram Data before deleting the account
Before deleting Telegram, you may want to export your data i.e. chats, photos, and other media.
You will need the latest version of Telegram Desktop to download your data in JSON or HTML formats.
To export your data follow these steps:
- Open Telegram Desktop and select ‘Settings’.
- Select ‘Export Telegram Data’.
- Then select ‘Export Chat History’, and choose which type of data you would like to export.
- You can now view your Telegram data offline.