Are shocked Last seen for a certain WhatsApp contact is not showing anymore?
There are a few reasons why you might not be able to see a contact’s last seen:-
- They might have set their privacy settings to hide this information.
- You might have set your privacy settings to not share your last seen.
- If you don’t share your last seen, you can’t see other contacts’ last seen.
- You might have been blocked.
In the previous versions of WhatsApp, you had to block a specified user in order to avoid your last seen, and profile picture being seen from an annoying person.
If you have been blocked by a person, then after a few days you will not be able to view their profile photo as well as last seen.
In the latest version(s) WhatsApp provides more privacy settings. These are available via Settings > Account > Privacy (in both Android and iOS).
What is WhatsApp Last Seen
WhatsApp Last Seen and online tell you the last time your contacts used WhatsApp, or if they’re online.
Last seen refers to the last time the contact used WhatsApp.
If a contact is online, they have WhatsApp open in the foreground on their device and are connected to the Internet. However, it doesn’t necessarily mean the contact has read your message.
Through WhatsApp privacy settings, you have the option to control who can see your last seen.
You may not be able to see someone’s online status unless they have you saved as a contact or have previously messaged you.
How to check if you have been blocked on WhatsApp
In case you can’t see a contact’s last seen, chances are you have been blocked.
How do you check if you have been blocked on WhatsApp?
- Send him/her a message, if it gets two ticks this means that you are safe
- Ask another friend to add the number, and see if this friend can see the last seen or profile picture.
- You can also send a message from this new friend, and see if it was delivered, if it was, then most probably you are on the blocked list!
Why would someone turn off last seen on WhatsApp?
His/her last seen is hidden, it simply means that they want to hide something. Usually, it means they don’t want you to know they are online because they don’t want to chat with you.
Why is someone’s last seen not updating?
If someone’s last seen is not updating or hasn’t changed for ages, either they’ve not been online or possibly they’ve deleted Whatsapp. If you cant see their last seen at all, then either they’ve turned this feature off or possibly you may be blocked.
Can I freeze my last seen on WhatsApp?
Yes, you can freeze your timestamp on WhatsApp. You can freeze your timestamp by opening WhatsApp and navigating to Settings > Privacy > Last Seen > Nobody. After you’ve set your last seen to “Nobody”, your timestamp will be frozen to others